REFI Token or ReFi Pro
Want to enter the ReFi ecosystem but unsure whether to buy $REFI Tokens, deposit USDC into ReFi Pro, or both? We have put together vital information to help with your decision: https://reimaginedfi.medium.com/choosing-between-the-refi-token-or-refi-pro-d61e8165cb0f
- You would like to have ownership of the $REFI protocol & ecosystem
- You have higher risk tolerance and would like exposure to the price appreciation of the $REFI token (this means that you are exposed to the price volatility of the REFI token and can earn way above the targeted annualized ReFi Pro returns of 20–30% on your capital, but could also be down more than this)
- You would like to receive distributions paid out by the $REFI protocol, which are based on the performance of the ReFi Treasury & AUM
- You would like to receive reflections from all buy/sell transactions of the $REFI token
- You would like to receive a discretionary portion of the performance fees obtained from ReFi Pro, which will be directly distributed to $REFI token holders in either $ETH or $BNB (on a discretionary basis)
- You're an institutional investor who would like to invest up to hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars with the ReFi investment team
- You have lower risk tolerance as the ReFi investment team will focus primarily on low-to-medium risk strategies for ReFi Pro, and aim for annualised returns of 35–40% on ReFi Pro investors’ capital
- You would not like to be fully exposed to the price volatility of the $REFI token
- You would like to earn returns solely on the capital you've invested into ReFi Pro, which does not include distributions paid out by the $REFI protocol
- You're fine with not receiving distributions paid out by the $REFI protocol. Only REFI token holders will receive distributions as they have ownership of the $REFI protocol & ecosystem, and ReFi Pro investors do not have ownership of the $REFI protocol
- You're fine with paying a 2% management fee, and a 20% performance fee upon withdrawal of your capital from the ReFi Pro platform
In summary, $REFI token holders have potentially greater capital appreciation due to price movement of the token, and they also receive reflections and distributions from the $REFI protocol, whereas ReFi Pro investors do not.
Reflections are derived from all buy/sell transactions of the $REFI token. $REFI token holders can also receive distributions as they own a share of the performance fees derived from ReFi Pro. In contrast, ReFi Pro investors do not receive these reflections and distributions.
We recently amended the structure of the ReFi Pro Performance Fees, such that a % of the Performance Fee will now be pooled into a distribution wallet, and sent on to $REFI token holders at select times.
This distribution pool structure provides REFI token holders with a third stream of inflow by receiving $ETH or $BNB.
In summary, there are the 4 ways which $REFI token holders can benefit:
1. Potential Capital Appreciation
2. Reflections via trading volume
3. Distributions from ReFi Pro Performance Fees
4. Distributions from the ReFi Farm (At Investment Managers’ Discretion)
Whereas ReFi Pro Investors benefit from capital preservation alongside an expected annualised return of 35–40%.